Friday, September 28, 2012

BLOG YOUR HEART

My friend Stephanie Howell inspires me in so many ways, it would take a very long time to list them all but one thing she does that I am, admittedly envious of is her ability to make time to do the things she loves to do....blogging is one of them.
I love to write and my tendonitis is better so I am taking a page from her very full, busy, wonderful book and doing a blog your heart post:
First, the rules:
1. blog whatever is authentic. whatever is truly on your mind and in your heart.
2. it can be serious, silly, short, long. note:no one said it has to be serious. but it should be authentic.
3. no judging allowed no snarky comments, no making fun, no passive agressive digs.if you are going to read the blogs linked below, don't be mean. nothing here is whining. it's me honestly sharing my feelings. if you feel that it's whining, then you don't have to read. :)
4. feel free to use the graphic above. just make sure to link back to Stephanie
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

So here goes:

1. Today I had lunch with my cousin Jenn, which I've never done before today and it was so awesome. We weren't close growing up and though we do chat on Facebook, we haven't made the time to get together before today. 2 1/2 hours later the place we went for brunch was closing so we had to go. :) Can't wait to do it again.

2. Went to my Dad's for supper and finally gave Susan her birthday gift - her bday was back in June and they've been at their trailer all summer. It wasn't much as the funds are low but I scrapbooked and framed a page of her and her sisters with their mother who passed the end of May. I know she loved it.

3. My aforementioned cousin Jenn found some white paper lanterns posted in the online yardsale and I snapped them up for my sister's wedding next summer - SCORE!!!

4. My house is a disaster - I'd be so embarrassed if someone were to come in here now...if you have to pee, you'd better close your eyes first.....NEED TO CLEAN TOMORROW!!

5. My place still smells like the banana bread I made late last night - LOVE that smell.

6. Both nervous and excited to start my new job on Monday - I know I can do it but a small part of me is just hoping and praying that I'm not just good but awesome at it.

7. I need to buy meat. None in the house.

8. Youtube playlists and editing them - not my idea of fun

9. Missing my best friend Kelly, haven't seen her and the boys in months. :(

10. Painted a watercolour map of the world yesterday - based on one of the many Pinterest pins I've had stored away for ages now. SO HAPPY WITH IT!!! Which I can't say all that often.

Bonus: 11. I went to Michaels the other day and bought 5 - 16x20 canvases, paint and gesso and I'm scared to death to begin...hence why I played it safe and did the above mentioned watercolour...

Random, though it may be, that's where I'm at right now.

Have a great weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. I relate to so much on your list! Though we have plenty of meat in the house right now, I often come across those days where I realize last minute that we have none. :/ My bathrooms seriously need a thorough cleaning! I've had plans for making banana bread for the past 3 days.. maybe I'll get to it tomorrow! And though I hate it, I often become scared of projects and put them off, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the map!!

    Congrats on your new job, love. I know you'll knock 'em dead. And the messy house? Yep. Us too. Ugh.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I have no meat in the house either, well except the deer, but no beef or chicken! hope the hubby doesn't find out! ;)
    Congratulations on the new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great on Monday. I just know it. Great blog and I can relate to a lot. Joanna....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya on the house:) And the lack of meat! WIshing you luck on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry... I will happily blindfold my guests too! What a thoughtful gift you made Susan! Good luck with the canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always say that if you come to my house, you're coming to see me/us, NOT my neat, dust-free, clutter-free home. THANK GOODNESS, because it's NOT dust-free OR clutter-free!!! It's like house-hunting: you have to look past the mess to see the happiness within... Liked your BYH post! Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete